Late-Breaking Science - Scientific Sessions 2021
Late-Breaking Science for 2021
Use the arrows below to expand or contract a session to see the presentations planned for this year.
2021 Late-Breaking Science
- AVATAR: Aortic Valve Replacement versus Watchful Waiting in Asymptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis: The Avatar Trial
- Evaluating the Benefit of Concomitant Tricuspid Repair During Mitral Valve Surgery
- RAPID CABG: A Randomized Study of Early Versus Standard Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery Among Patients Presenting with Acute Coronary Syndromes Treated With Ticagrelor
- VEST: Efficacy and Safety of an External Support Device for Saphenous Vein Coronary Bypass Grafts: The VEST Trial
- A Remotely Delivered Hypertension and Lipid Program In 10,000 Patients Across a Diverse Health Care Network
- BP Track: Disruption in Blood Pressure Control with The Covid-19 Pandemic: A Study Of 24 Us Health Systems in The Pcornet Blood Pressure Control Laboratory
- CRHCP: A Cluster Randomized Trial of a Village Doctor-led Intervention on Blood Pressure Control: China Rural Hypertension Control Project
LBS 03 Paragraph
- CRAVE: The Coffee and Real-time Atrial and Ventricular Ectopy (CRAVE) Trial
- GIRAF: Dabigatran Versus Warfarin on Cognitive Outcomes in Nonvalvular Atrial Fibrillation: Results of The GIRAF Trial.
- PALACS: Posterior Left Pericardiotomy Reduces Postoperative Atrial Fibrillation After Cardiac Surgery
- AMAZE: Outcomes of Adjunctive Left Atrial Appendage Ligation Utilizing the LARIAT Compared to Pulmonary Vein Antral Isolation Alone: The AMAZE Trial
- REVeAL-HF: Risk Evaluation and its Impact on Clinical Decision Making and Outcomes in Heart Failure: The REVeAL-HF Trial
- Detection of Atrial Fibrillation in a Large Population using Wearable Devices: the Fitbit Heart Study
- I-STOP-AFib: Testing Individualized Triggers of Atrial Fibrillation: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- EMPEROR-Preserved: Empagliflozin in Heart Failure with a Preserved Ejection Fraction ≥50% - Results from the EMPEROR-Preserved Clinical Trial
- CHIEF-HF: The Canagliflozin Impact on Health Status, Quality of Life and Functional Status in Heart Failure (CHIEF-HF) Clinical Trial
- EMPULSE: Efficacy and Safety of Empagliflozin in Hospitalized Heart Failure Patients: Main Results from the EMPULSE Trial
- DREAM-HF: Randomized Trial of Targeted Transendocardial Delivery of Mesenchymal Precursor Cells in High-risk Chronic Heart Failure Patients with Reduced Ejection Fraction
- PREPARE-IT 2: Icosapent Ethyl Versus Placebo in Outpatients with Covid-19: The Main Results of PREPARE-IT 2
- The Clinical Safety, Pharmacokinetics, and LDL-Cholesterol Lowering Efficacy of MK-0616, an Oral PCSK9 Inhibitor
- ASCEND: Effects Of Aspirin on Dementia and Cognitive Impairment in the ASCEND Trial
- ACTIV-4a: P2y12 Inhibitors in Noncritically Ill Hospitalized Patients with Covid-19
- REVERSE-IT: Effect Of Bentracimab on Platelet Inhibition and Hemostasis in Ticagrelor Patients with Uncontrolled Hemorrhage or Requiring Urgent Surgery in the REVERSE-IT
- AXIOMATIC-TKR: Milvexian for Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism after Elective Knee Arthroplasty: The AXIOMATIC-TKR Study
AHA Embargo Policies:
Clinical trial results are prohibited from release until date and time of AHA designated embargo time. For late-breaking science and featured science the embargo time is the date and time of presentation at Scientific Sessions 2021. Clinical trial sponsors must comply with embargo guidelines established by the American Heart Association.
You are prohibited from sharing written embargoed information with anyone outside of the AHA with the exception of journal manuscript submission. Important Note: Industry announcements required by the SEC (Security Exchange Commission) must be approved by AHA prior to release and any level of information released without approval will be considered an embargo break. However, you may conduct one-on-one embargoed media interviews as long as the reporter agrees to abide by the embargo policy. Failure to honor embargo policies will result in the trial being withdrawn on site and barred from presentation. Failure to honor this embargo policy may also jeopardize future acceptance of clinical trials and presentation at Scientific Sessions. Therefore, it is essential to recognize that presentations at unofficial satellite meetings or unofficial press conferences before the scheduled AHA embargoed media briefings are not allowed. This embargo policy will be strictly enforced. Please reach out to Mary Lu Hare with questions.