Diagnosis, Treatment, and Long-Term Management of Kawasaki Disease
- Kawasaki disease (KD) is an acute vasculitis of childhood
- Coronary artery aneurysms in ≈25% of untreated cases
- Reported worldwide, cause unknown, no means of prevention
- Leading cause of acquired heart disease in children in developed countries
- Telemedicine and Pediatric Cardiology
- Management of Pregnancy in Patients With Complex Congenital Heart Disease
- Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support in Congenital Heart Disease
- Chronic Heart Failure in Congenital Heart Disease
- AHA statements on congenital heart disease
- IKDS 2015 Science News
Resources for Your Practice and Patients
- Guidelines & Statements Scientific statements, practice guidelines, and clinical updates on cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Watch, Learn & Live Interactive Cardiovascular Library
- VIDEO: Kawasaki Disease - a real life story: long-term complications are possible for these infants and children (opens in a new window)
- Heart and Stroke Statistics
- My Life Check - Life's Simple 7
- Browse our library of brochures on heart attack, stroke, high cholesterol and more.
- Subscribe to AHA's Science News Channel on YouTube (opens in a new window) for exclusive, late-breaking coverage with video interviews, panel discussions, and more.
- Research Find out how to apply for AHA research training and project support.