2017 ACC/AHA/HRS Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Patients with Syncope
- Syncope can result from benign causes, major hemodynamic changes, or a serious underlying disease.
- The evaluation and interpretation of symptoms is highly variable.
- This guideline addresses syncope management with a patient focus and identifies several key knowledge gaps in syncope evaluation and management.
- 2017 ACC/AHA/HRS Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Patients With Syncope: Executive Summary
- Pacing as a Treatment for Reflex-Mediated (Vasovagal, Situational, or Carotid Sinus Hypersensitivity) Syncope: A Systematic Review for the 2017 ACC/AHA/HRS Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Patients With Syncope
- Top Ten Things to Know (PDF)
- Slide Set (PPT)
- AHA News: First fainting guidelines issued to diagnose life-threatening heart conditions
- News Release: Experts Release Guidelines for Evaluating, Managing Syncope
- Enhancing Literacy in Cardiovascular Genetics
- ACC/AHA Clinical Performance and Quality Measures for Adults With Atrial Fibrillation or Atrial Flutter
- Wearable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Therapy for the Prevention of Sudden Cardiac Death
- Eligibility and Disqualification Recommendations for Competitive Athletes with Cardiovascular Abnormalities Task Force 9: Arrhythmias and Conduction Defects
Resources for Your Practice and Patients
- Guidelines & Statements Scientific statements, practice guidelines, and clinical updates on cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Watch, Learn & Live Interactive Cardiovascular Library
- Heart and Stroke Statistics
- My Life Check - Life's Simple 7
- Browse our library of brochures on heart attack, stroke, high cholesterol and more.
- Subscribe to AHA's Science News Channel on YouTube (opens in a new window) for exclusive, late-breaking coverage with video interviews, panel discussions, and more.
- Research Find out how to apply for AHA research training and project support.