The American Heart Association is building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke.
All applications for research funding will be assessed for their potential impact on the AHA mission.
Thank you for your interest in applying for research funding from the American Heart Association (AHA). This guide is intended to assist you with the successful submission of your application.
The AHA has implemented a Web-based tool, Grants@Heart, to manage the entire application process. The system is available to all AHA research customers, including applicants, grants officers, fiscal officers, peer reviewers, awardees and more. The system is accessible 24/7 from any location with internet capabilities.
- Open Science Policies for AHA-funded research
- Patent, Intellectual Property and Technology Transfer Policy
- Standards on Falsification of Scientific Data, Plagiarism and Scientific Misconduct
- Privacy Statement:Policy on Collection and Use of Personal Information
- American Heart Association Policy on Support of Stem Cell Research
- Ethical Aspects of Research With Human Subjects and Animals
- Family, Medical or Military Leave for Awardees
- Investigator Financial Disclosure Policy/Objectivity in Research
Help documents to assist with the application process can be found online for both scientists and grants officers
Continue to Getting Started