Grants@Heart is the American Heart Association's Web-based system for applicants, grants officers, fiscal officers and awardees. You can access the system 24/7 with Internet connection and a Web browser. For best system performance, you must use Internet Explorer for PC or Safari for Mac. The AHA cannot guarantee system performance with other Web browsers.
New User (for existing user scroll down)
- To register, go to the Grants@Heart login page at research.americanheart.org.
- Under the section, First-time Users Register Here: click on Grants/Fiscal Officer.
- Fill out all of the required fields.
- Click Register at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a message on the screen, as follows:
Welcome to the New Grants@Heart!
Please click the link to Log Out. Your registration is complete and must be reviewed by the AHA.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not click the Click Here link. This will register you as a principal Investigator and prevent us from completing your registration as a Grants or Fiscal Officer.
- AHA staff is responsible for reviewing your information and for accepting or declining your registration.
Note: your account may be declined if it is submitted with a personal email address, instead of an institutional address, or if the mandatory profile and institution details are missing.
- If the staff approves your registration, Grants@Heart will send you an auto-generated email authenticating your registration.
- To activate your account, you MUST click on the link provided in the email. Close all web browsers open to Grants@Heart before you complete the activation of your account.
If you are already registered, you may use your existing username/password. You can also update your profile and password in Grants@Heart, if needed. Look for Profile Manager and Change Password on your dashboard. If you have forgotten your username/password follow the steps below:
- Go to the Grants@Heart login page at research.americanheart.org.
- Click on Did you forget your ID or Password?
- Enter your last name and email address.
- Click Submit.
- Answer the security question and click Submit.
- You will receive a message that you can now enter the Grants@Heart site. Click the button to access Grants@Heart
- You will be given immediate access to the system.