- Must have been an AHA member for at least 2-years, the 2-year membership need not be consecutive.
- Membership must be at the Premium Professional or Premium Professional Plus level at the time of application.
- Membership must be up-to-date (dues up-to-date) at the time of application.
- Membership must be affiliated with the Council to which the application is being submitted (primary, secondary or tertiary council).
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate outstanding contributions to the field of cardiovascular and interventional radiology through practice, research and/or education.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate an interest to remain active in cardiovascular and interventional radiology.
- Domestic candidates must be able to demonstrate significant current and/or past volunteer service and leadership to the AHA at the local, affiliate and/or national level(s), including but not limited to:
- Active participation as members and chairpersons of AHA and/or CVRI committees, boards and task forces at the local, affiliate, and/or national level;
- Development and Fundraising (Heart Walk, galas, Go Red fund raisers, etc.); leadership roles such as organizing Heart Walk teams, raising funds, promoting AHA events and recruiting others to participate;
- Advocacy efforts including participating in You're the Cure, leading policy adoption or change, informing legislators about AHA and cardiovascular health issues at state and national levels;
- Professional and lay education programs including serving as an invited speaker, participating in a local AHA speakers bureau, providing talks for Go Red activities, media activities, leading education activities and Get with the Guidelines;
- Sharing expertise through AHA research and scholarship activities such as serving on a writing group, abstract grading, and research grant peer review.
- International candidates must show evidence of volunteer involvement and service in similar organizations/ associations in their respective country/state or through other avenues of community involvement as long as these activities are well documented and perceived as equivalent to those in the United States.
Application Submission and Deadlines
- Spring Review Cycle: Jan. 30 - 5 p.m. Central Time
- Fall Review Cycle: July 1 - 5 p.m. Central Time
How to Apply
Candidates must be proposed by an active AHA Fellow (Fellow, International Fellow or Emeritus Fellow) who is well acquainted with the your current professional activities and AHA/international volunteer experience. To apply for FAHA, please:
- Sign in with your Professional Heart Daily username and password to apply online through the Council Awards/FAHA Application System.
- Complete all sections of the application in order to avoid delay. Incomplete applications cannot be successfully submitted.
- Attach documentation as required. Applications that do not include the required documents cannot be successfully submitted. The system will validate that the documents have been uploaded on the deadline date; however, it cannot validate that the document meets the criteria. We caution you -please do not attach a dummy document in order to successfully submit the application. Applications submitted with dummy documents will be disqualified by the Review Committee:
- Complete curriculum vitae including bibliography;
- A letter of recommendation from your proposer. The letter must be written on business letterhead, signed by the proposer, and must clearly articulate how the candidate meets each of the criteria; and
- Head and shoulder photograph. Please note that the submission of a photograph is optional and may be used to recognize elected Fellows in Connections and Professional Heart Daily web site.
Locate a Proposer
Locate active AHA Fellows by name or council in the online Membership Directory. To access the AHA online membership directory:
- Sign in with your Professional Heart Daily username and password.
- Select you personalized Dashboard page.
- Select Membership Directory from the left-hand navigation
- Select Advanced Search.
- Select Council.
- Under Member Type, select International Fellow or Fellows.
Review and Election Process
Recognition and Acknowledgement
- Entitlement to use the designation FAHA.
- An 8 X 11" certificate suitable for framing to commemorate the achievement.
- Early registration to attend the AHA Scientific Sessions, International Stroke Conference and other AHA/ASA sponsored conferences.
- Access to the FAHA lounge at Scientific Sessions.
- Eligibility to nominate candidates for FAHA.
Annual Membership Dues/Fellowship Maintenance
Questions? Contact the AHA Fellowship Desk
Phone: (214) 706-1293