All applicants and applicant sponsors for Early Career Investigator Awards sponsored by a scientific council must be members of the Sponsoring Council of the AHA/ASA. Learn more about AHA membership.
- An individual may not compete for similar Early Career Investigator awards from other American Heart Association scientific councils that will be presented at the same meeting.
- Previous winners and finalists for these awards are not eligible to re-enter the same competition in subsequent years. However, applicants may apply for a different award program in which they haven't previously been a winner or finalist.
- Only one manuscript and abstract per candidate will be considered for awards. The manuscript may have co-authors, but the applicant must be the first and presenting author.
- There are no citizenship requirements for these awards.
- Women and under-represented minorities are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All applicants for awards associated with the AHA Scientific Sessions in November should submit applications through the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System.